At least 12 people are expected to stand trial for their roles in an armed heist that took place in 2015 when Kim Kardashian was held at gunpoint in her Paris apartment.
A news conference was held Friday by the Paris prosecutor’s office on the matter, where it was announced that 12 people will stand trial for their role in the robbery, according to the Associated Press.
The defendants, a total of 12 people, are accused of conspiracy to commit armed robbery, conspiracy to commit robbery, weapons offenses, and robbery in progress. The suspects were arrested or had been previously detained in the investigation. They are all reportedly in custody and remain under police surveillance.
The news conference gave details on the investigation into the robbery, which has always been shrouded in mystery. It was said that the robbers tied up and blindfolded the reality star, along with her husband Kanye West, before they proceeded to steal millions of dollars worth of jewelry.
Kardashian was in Paris for Paris Fashion Week at the time of the robbery, which made headlines around the world. The robbers escaped with millions of dollars worth of jewelry, some of which has since been recovered.
The court date for the trial is scheduled for September 26.
According to the New York Times, the details of the investigation might have proven controversial.
Kardashian recently told New York Magazine that she refused to wear the jewelery, which included a $4.5 million ring given to her by her husband, without going through the police. Kardashian said that she feared that people would assume it was stolen, despite the fact that it had been found with the group who had burglarized her.
Read the full story at the Associated Press.
Kim Kardashian: I ‘scared’ Kanye West before he ended feud with Taylor Swift
Kim Kardashian fires back at prankster who claimed she plans to be assassinated
Kim Kardashian tweets about joke her brother made about her robbery